View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #434
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sept 10, 2013
As expected, the appeal for a work permit for ML Oscar Reyna was denied, so our deal with the talented American midfielder is off.
-----

Hartlepool DC Andrai Jones has rejected our loan offer.
-----

Sept 11, 2013
Our Reserves played a group match at home against Halifax Reserves, winning 5-3.

Niall Smith might have embellished on a foul in the area but it drew a penalty which trialist Michael Built buried to put us up 1-0 at 11'. Halifax answered at 14' with a goal off a corner. Trialist Branker crossed to trialist Clarke for a header goal at 19' to make it 2-1. Another corner, another header, another bit of poor play by our DC's Christensen & Stevensen and it's all even at 2. Loudon commits an iffy foul in the area & gives back a penalty, they take the lead at 64'. Niall Thompson answers in traffic at 68' to make it 3-all, knocking home a rebound of Smith's blocked shot. Thompson with a long free kick, Loudon skies up & heads it in to make it 4-3 at 75'. Smith nudged a free kick 6 inches to Branker, he blasts it home from the arc to make it 5-3.

A lot of fun for the handful of fans that showed up as we outshot them 15-12. N.Smith had an 8.7 rtg on 3 assists, Jamal Branker an 8.2 with a goal, N.Thompson an 8.0 with a goal, but it was their Calum Flack who was MOM with 2 goals and an 8.8. We'll take the win, reserves or not.