View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 AM   #435
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sept 14, 2013 (morning)
West Ham 18 y/o ST Elliot Lee makes it clear he has no interest in joining us on loan. Would have been a major offensive addition.
----

Our U18s hosted Sutton Utd U18s in a group match matching the current 2nd & 3rd place teams.

Michael Madine got us off to a flying start with a long range goal at 3'. Niall Smith drove home a beautiful diving header at 9' to put us up by two. Smith jogs in, broke the offside trap and scores again from the area at 24'. Madine scores again, from the high part of the area at 49'. 16 y/o GK Batey gets beat one on one with a crossbody shot at 88'. Anson Watson decided to get that one back with a header off a free kick by Goodall at 91' to make the final score 5-1. A lot of simply ridiculously good performances and we scored five goals on just 8 shots. Madine (MOM, 9.0) had a pair, Niall Smith (8.8) had 2 goals and an assist, six different players in all had either a goal or an assist. The win propels us into first place, with a GD of +11 (12-1).