View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 06:37 PM   #9030
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I hate the 2-night events. Wrestlemania has been ruined with it as well. But NJPW seems worse because they actually put on more matches and give the wrestlers more time. So you can't fill half your show with gimmicky crap like WWE does. You need top-tier talent to pull it off and lots of it.

Just too much for me and I think the quality dips a lot. This is an event I'll get to later and probably skip half the matches.

From night one:
The Ranbo had a nice surprise if you follow smaller promotions and a nice surprise related to the 50th anniversary year. Otherwise, you know how it went.

Yoh vs Sho was ... a match.

The two 6-man tags were NJPW staples: stuff that existed only to at least mildly enhance future matches. Otherwise entirely skippable.

The Shibata match had a decent surprise for his opponent and another wrinkle as well. Worth watching unless you have zero interest in Shibata.

Evil vs Ishii .. there's not been an Evil match worth watching in quite a while, this did nothing to change that.

Goto/Yoshi vs Tekkers ... I mean, it wasn't awful, there just wasn't much there for ZJS/Taichi to work with either.

Despy vs Hiromu ... worth the watch and, compared to expectations, really didn't take all that long.

Okada vs Shingo ... it was fine, nothing wrong with it, aside from feeling like you had a pretty good notion where it was going to end up.