View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 06:38 PM   #9045
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Pretty strong suggestions that yesterday's round of backstage firings were entirely directed at removing anyone who was perceived as "a Triple H guy". That accounts for Regal and Road Dogg for sure, I believe he was behind the Ace Steel hiring as well.

Why they seem so hellbent on running Trips off is a mystery all unto itself.

I understand why some people don't like HHH, but I always thought he had an eye for talent. And I kind of liked his booking which was a nice mix of old school with a modern twist (slow builds, not overexposing talent, etc).

He brought in a ton of talent to NXT and they got massively over on that brand. Seems like the failures on the main roster are due to poor booking and changing their character in dumb ways. How do you fuck up Kevin Owens, Nakamura, Bayley, Samoa Joe, and so many others?

I'm not a huge Karrion Kross fan or anything, but I thought he had a cool gimmick in NXT. Relied a bit on the entrance and having Scarlett with him, but it worked. Then you read about how they wanted to ditch Scarlett, ditch his entrance, and have him wear a gimp mask on the main roster. Are they clueless or just destroying a HHH guy out of spite?

Just feels like an ego thing where they didn't want someone else getting credit for creating a star.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote