View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 12:04 AM   #1336
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Q3 Top Rankings

1. Ben Faille (23, FRA) - 16,440

Faille has done just enough to keep winning Slams, but is just 2 of 5 in Masters so far this year. The question marks will continue unless he can retur to dominating form.

2. Leon Polychroniadis (27, GRC) - 10,810

3. Renke Cananis (28, DEU) - 8,320

Cananis actually is winning at about the same rate as last year, but he's had some unfortunate seeding draws. That has a much to do with him falling off the pace of his long-time rival than anything else.

4. Themis Xanthos (28, CYP) - 7,540

Improved consistency has Xanthos comfortably holding his spot at #4.

5. Jochen Weigle (26, SUI) - 5,720

It wasn't a good clay season for Weigle to put it kindly - but it wasn't a good one for his main competition either, so he's regained a spot well behind Xanthos and the rest of the Top 4.

6. Oleg Urazov (24, CAN) - 5,190

An earlier-than-expected exit at RG, his first loss before the quarterfinals at a Slam in over a year, has Urazov looking to pick up the pieces. He has work to do over the summer if he's going to make this year a success.

7. Toni Bardales (27, ESP) - 5,990

Still solid enough on the clay to keep treading water.

8. Solitris Papadias (28, GRC) - 4,070

9. Ene Caballero (21, ESP) - 3,905

Caballero is about to take his next step upwards, and Papadias begin his slide down the rankings.

10. Johann Przalowik (23, DEU) - 3,350

Przalowik continues to be a solid, steady threat.

13. Goya Banqueria is the only player really making any serious upwards noise. I'll be surprised if he manages to push onto the first page this year.

255. Sushant Srivastava (25, SRI)

Srivastava has slipped almost 40 spots in the last couple of months. I don't think he's playing worse, it's more just the ups and downs of being a good futures player and very slowly improving, much depends on what draws he gets. Not much else to say really other than the grind continues and he'll get there eventually ... but probably next year.

571. Manoj Datar (33, SRI)

Flip side of a similar coin. Datar is +59 from the last report, but that's just getting a couple of better runs than you would expect in his recent tournaments. It's a blip - at his age he's not actually improving of course.

796. Aparna Chandrasekharan (20, SRI)

Chandrasekharan is close to being ready for more consistent futures results, but not quite there I don't think. In a couple months he'll start having his better amateur results drop off, so he's not out of the woods yet.

138(J). Girish Raychaudhari (16, SRI)

Raychaudhari needs to stop dinking around with JG4 tournaments and put a string of wins together. He's been close though - I expect it will happen.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 12-06-2022 at 12:05 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote