View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 07:15 AM   #30
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

So as I expected we raced through the playoffs, winning at the 1, 2, & 3 lines each week. The team is in the city finals this weekend. Unfortunately, this will probably be the last season I'm on this team (not that I was really on the team at all this season). There's just too much politics involved. My brother, who is arguably the 7th best player on the roster, isn't seeing action in the playoffs. In fact, in the city finals on Saturday he would be in my estimation the 6th best of the 11 players available, yet he's the only 1 not playing. Several of the players on the team mentioned to me in passing, they don't understand how the captain can possibly overlook Whit in favor of the guys he's putting in the lineup. In fact, they are very concerned the match might come down to the 5s, and that pair is far from a shoe-in. We'll see how it goes. I think the team will still win city, but given how the captain has handled Whit, I don't expect my experience would be any different, and I'm not really interested in being a spectator when I'm better than people who are playing.

Last edited by Breeze : 11-09-2021 at 07:16 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote