View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 09:01 AM   #42
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Traditions of Braselton vs Glencree

The team slid me down to 4 this week and paired me with another new partner. This time I ended up moving over to the Ad side of the court for the first time since I started playing again. Given how poorly I played last week, I really focused on basics - hitting cross court and keeping the ball deep. It worked real well for my partner and me. Keeping the opponents deep, allowed my partner to be very aggressive at the net, which was his preferred style of play anyway. It took us a little time to figure out how to play together, which limited us to a 6-3 first set win, but then we started rolling and we closed them out 6-0 in the second set.

This was a nice confidence builder for me. By the time we got late into the second set, I was back to taking some chances, and executing shots up the line and poaches at the net.

1 more match this Saturday, but not sure I'll be playing in this one. For some odd reason, my calf started bothering me Sunday night. There was no problem at all Saturday following the match, or Sunday during the day, but right before bed I had some serious discomfort in the right calf, the same one I injured at the start of the fall season. I'll have to monitor that situation. Also, given we aren't going to make the playoffs, no sense in risking injury and missing the senior men's summer season.

As for the team, we took 3 points, making this our 3rd straight winning week, and moving us up from 8th place to 6th, which moves us out of one of the (most likely) relegation spots. We are also only 1 point behind 5th place and that's our opponent this Saturday.

Last edited by Breeze : 04-26-2022 at 10:59 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote