View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #223
Radii
Head Coach

February 25th, 2014

Woking (9-12-12, 17th) @ Barnet(8-5-20, 21st)

As bad as Barnet is they are stil 10 points head of relegation with just 13 matches to go. We're 21 points ahead and extremely safe now. Barnet are slim 5:4 favorites today. We tied 1:1 at our place back in October.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Thomas/Anane
MC: Upson/Pulis
AM: Clapham/Ademola
ST: Harsanyi/Subotic

We make tons of lineup changes today on 3 days rest.

8': We control the ball on their end for a good long while, finally Pulis turns foward and puts athrough ball into the area. Ademola with a great run onto it, its a clear cut chance for us... but he fires it wide left, so close!

22': Pulis gets it forward to Harsanyi, he has to fight for possession, he wins it and dribbles forward a bit, he's still a long ways out but fires from 25 yards, its a great strike and the keeper has to dive to turn it behind. Corner comes to nothing though.

29': Ademola works it to Upson... back to Ademola, back to Upson, Upson with a ball forward, Subotic breaks on it well, the keeper is in a good position though and Subotic cannot put it by, keeper makes the save. It looked pretty nice but it wasn't the easiest angle in the world.

44': I watch Clapham completely fail to beat his man to try to generate a bit of a run for us, dispossessed easily twice in a row. We get a throwin though, Nikolaou gets to run with it a good bit, he lays the ball back for Upson who tries a shot from just outside the penalty area... it hits the crossbar and goes straight up into the air, just behind for a goal kick.

HALF: Its yet another match where we play well for a half but cannot find the net. We have 11 shots to their 2, but only 2 of ours are on target. We dominate possession 59/41, pass well, tackle well, win headers... just can't score. Jesus is in for Clapham at the half, O'Sullivan in for Pulis who got hurt a bit in the frst half and is fatigued.

66': Pablo in for Harsanyi

68': Barnet with a long run, Lockhart down the left sideline, we get out of positoin somehow even though its really a 2 on 4... we allow Lockhart to easily lay the ball to the charging forward itno the box, our defenders are not in a position to stop him from taking a point blank shot, Lynch gets to it but it squirts through his arms and into the net, it was a very powerfully taken strike. 0-1

74': Jesus with a quick run down the left side, a cross... Subotic gets his head to it but its contested I think and pops up into the air a bit, Upson is theer, but can't head it by the keeper.

77': While i'm typing our last failure up there's a run down the right, a cross, a header and a goal for Barnet. God the second half of this season has been frustrating. 0-2

85': How can we possibly fail this bad. Thomas with a gret clearance after a corner. Subotic picks it up at midfield, he beats his man, theer's a central defender behind him... he charges down the right side, pulls the defender out of position, slides a pass over to Jesus, Jesus is all alone 15 yards out... the keeper tries to charge, and Jesus puts it wide...

87': Finally! Pablo ends up wide left, he crosses nearly to the goal, the keeper... i dunno what he was doing, but he lets Subotic get his head on it from just a yard or two away and he drills it in. 1-2

We get one more try on offense that I saw but Pablo put a header well over.

Barnet 2 : 1 Woking

A rare man of the match performance in a loss. Subotic puts up an 8.6 rating with his goal and earns man of the match. No one else is over 7. Pablo has a 6.8 and the assist in just 24 minutes of play. Maybe Harsanyi scoring last match and Subotic this one will get us on track at least a little?

I just want this season over now though. Even though we're exceeding expectations left and right this is depressing. We outshot them 21-6 today, but lost 2-1. We took too many long shots, but still, we really controlled most of the match, we just cannot buy a goal sometimes.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote