View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #230
Radii
Head Coach

-- Nikolaou is out 5-8 days with a "facial injury"... no report on Subotic, he's fine.

-- We had a match scheduled for March 15th, but its re-scheduled as our field has become waterlogged and is unplayable. Now instaed of games on the 15th/22nd/29th we play on the 22nd/25th/29th.

Woking Takeover Completed

Not sure how big a deal this will be yet, but Mark McShane has taken over Woking, replacing Shahid Azeem. We get a personal message from the new chairman a day later. MarK McShane tahnks me for my patience during this stressful time. McShane informs you that there are no plans to provide the club with any investment at this time.

-- That's potentially an issue. We've been getting the occcasional "cash infusion" as we have a slow and steady loss of cash whenever we run up against our allowed budget.

March 22th, 2014

Woking (10-14-12, 16th) @ Hereford(9-15-13, 19th)

We've played one less match than everyone now. We're one point behind 15th and 7 points behind 14th. Only points ahead of 19th. Hereford are big 4:5 favorites at home. We're only 3:1 to get a win, 2:1 for a tie. At our house back near Thanksgiving we played to a scoreless draw. Hereford is led by Mathieu Mansset with 11 goals. Subotic is now our leading scorer with 7 after scoring 3 in the last 2 matches. Pablo has been stuck on 6 for literally 2 months I believe.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sulllivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Pablo/Subotic

Hereford really packs it in with a 4-2-3-1 formation, two DM's, 3 AM's and a striker. We start in a defensive mindset.

2': We have a nice slow buildup before Jesus gets a cross in, O'Sullivan heads it over, but our control was pretty solid.

14': Pablo works a give and go with Jesus, Pablo receives a ball beautifully, he's got a man nearby but he's got a step... he runs right up in front of the goal, the keeper is not covering this well, he's got a free look at the net, and soemhow he puts it off the right crossbar. They clear it out. its a clear cut chance and I don't have any idea how he possibly missed that.

28': O'Sullivan with a yellow for a hard tackle.

38': Upson gets the ball ahead to Pablo this time, not nearly as easy a look, but Pablo gets a powerful shot off... the keeper deflects it behind. Corner comes to nothing.

HALF: We take 4 shots, 1 on target. They only take one shot and its way over from distance. We're doing a good job limiting their chances on the road, but as I've said so many times in the past 6 game weeks... we've had good looks and we just aren't converting.

47': We have a throwin deep in their end. its thrown to O'Sullivan, he pushes it back out to Ogogo who took the throw, crossed in, Upson gets his head on it, its on target... quick reaction from the keeper to turn it behind. Corner comes to nothing.

51': O'Sullivan with a through ball up the right side, Downes gets to it but has to take a shot from a very tough angle and the keeper stops it with relative ease.

59': Long ball forward to Pablo, Pablo apears to have a free run into the area... he's brought down from behind, I was sure it was a penalty but the ref puts the ball down a yard outside the area. I'm sure it should be a red card too, but its only given as a yellow. Free kick is saved. We earn a corner though, on the corner Pablo feels he was brought down and a penalty should be given. He complains loudly and earns a yellow for his troubles.

73': Harsanyi in for Pablo, Pulis in for O'Sullivan.

The game only goes into highlight mode momentarily after that. On the road 0-0 is ok.

Hereford 0 : 0 woking

Their keeper is man of the match. On our end Ogogo 7.3, Nikolaou 7.5, Jesus 7.3. Mike Williams 7.0. The usuals, Upson under 7 is a rarity. We take 8 shots, putting 4 on target, they take 4 shots with just one on target. Possession was even at 50/50, we dominated in the air but it ouside a couple nice chances for Pablo in the first half it seemed pretty even.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote