Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 3, March 1987
OK Abe Lemons Arena (Mid South)
3500 People

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Tim Horner defeated Brazo de Oro in 7:42 by pinfall with a Rolling Cradle (E+)

Pre-Show Dark Match
In an extremely poor match, Brad Armstrong defeated Joe Savoldi in 8:22 by pinfall with a Russian Leg Sweep (E+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Eddie Gilbert defeated Chavo Guerrero in 11:46 by pinfall with a Fireball. Eddie Gilbert makes defence number 1 of his UWF Television title (C-)

After the match Eddie Gilbert slides out of the ring and grabs a mic. He climbs back in the ring and disrespectfully lays on his side with his arm resting on Chavo's chest:

"What you saw just now was the greatest thing going in the UWF. You know why I am the television champion? 'Cause Bill Watts needs my beautiful face on TV every week to get your idiots to tune in! Now it has come to my attention there is quite a big show coming up next week and I'm not on it. So here's what I am gonna' do. I am gonna' give any one of those wannabes in the back a shot to face me so they can be another highlight on my reel!" (D-)

A video airs hyping the UWF debut of Arn Anderson next week on Power Pro Wrestling (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Big Bubba Rogers defeated Savannah Jack in 7:37 by pinfall with a Bubba Slam (D)

A video airs hyping tonight's Main Event between the Freebirds and Dibiase & Gang. (C-) Afterward Jim Ross discusses how these four men will make up the two biggest matches at the Superdome show (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, The Fabulous Freebirds drew with Ted DiBiase and One Man Gang in 19:03 following a double disqualification (D+)

Show Rating: D+

The Main Event should have been better but I figured with DiBiase and Hayes in the match they could call it in the ring effectively. That didn't work. Still, our popularity increased so that is always a positive.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote