View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 09:44 AM   #4631
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Agreed. He clearly had the first three books firmly mapped up and understood. Then he had success and combine that without a firm grasp of what happens next... Then the pressure mounts and, like whenever you have a big, massive project that needs to finish, all of a sudden you become super productive on everything else. I never get more things done than when I have some large assignment at work. You end up expending your energy on everything but, because that big project is so daunting. You keep putting it off, but don't feel like you're not doing anything, because you are.

I agree with almost all of this except I actually think that by now he does have how the rest of it ends mapped out in his head and so not only does he have the daunting task of actually finishing all that writing, but a lot of it is just going to be filling in all those details, which is likely boring by comparison. In addition, I'm sure he feels a need to write the remainder just as richly as the first few books, which just adds to the whole daunting thing.

Quote:
There are no books that gave me as much joy and pleasure as those first three. His books than spawned a show that provided some really great and amazing television moments. He's done more than right by me. He doesn't owe me a thing, I owe him.

I agree with almost all of this except I will admit to getting annoyed the number of times (though he seems to have stopped now) where he would say "it's almost done", or "it'll be with the publishers likely in November". Like, don't make promises you can't keep. Just say "it'll be done when it's done" and I can live with that. And that's even with my guess that he'll never actually finish the series.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote