View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 07:06 AM   #270
TredWel
High School Varsity

I honestly doubt that there's any sort of foul play involved in the slightest. I'm sure that S & P have been taking a very close look at all of the Jeopardy's staff's choices during Ken's run - more so than usual. Plus, I don't think that they'd want to risk a scandal where they've purposely made it easier for Ken. We've been down that road before, and it very nearly killed off game shows. Since most of the staffers have depended and will continue to depend on game shows for their livelihood, I don't think they'd want to risk it by even slightly stacking the deck in Ken's favor.

The thing that interests me is that the new season begins taping in August. That means all of Ken's opponents from now on have been able to watch the shows and read the press clippings. I would not be surprised to see an opponent who has practiced their button-pressing ability and who is willing to take a huge risk in a DJ DD situation knock Ken off early in the next season.

Last edited by TredWel : 07-24-2004 at 07:08 AM.
TredWel is offline   Reply With Quote