View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #350
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have had a crazy past few days in real life, so I was unfortunately unable to watch the UCLA-KU game. I would tend to agree with the view that it was a tight play, and that the call made, if it had to be made, was probably the right one.

That said, I think it was an awful decision by the ref to call such a tight and relatively ticky-tacky foul so close to the end of the game. He essentially decided the game with that call. Not saying he's wrong to call it, but in a sport where a foul can probably be called on every play and it's up to the refs to call which ones, I would like to think they would let the players on the floor decide the game at that point, rather than calling a foul on a move which could not possibly have ended up as a basket unobstructed.

In any case, it was a terrific game by both teams and certainly UCLA can take some pride from taking KU down to the wire at Allen Fieldhouse. It's certainly something to build on for a UCLA program in need of some positive growth after last season's debacle.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote