View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #49
QuikSand
lolzcat

No new F signings this stage. We weren't even beat out for anyone. Told you I was mainly done.

We are the high bidder on 5 free agents, none over $5m/yr, so we are still active - just not in the exciting tier. We have competition for DT Chandler Mallard, a nice rotation-caliber DT who is mainly a pass rusher. A 10th year guy, not exactly our future, but he's an affinity and a guy who has played with us for three seasons, so we will have to weight an offer to retain him over Kansas City (snarls at corbes). Not a crisis either way, really, especially after spending a first round pick on the DL already.

For the stages ahead, I really don't have any fires I'm trying to put out. We will likely sign a few more of my style of guys (rotation-caliber skills, affinity, not hotly pursued by anyone else) to cut-friendly deals, just to have some camp stiffs. Every year a couple of these guys stick on something like 2xMinSal and end up staying on the team for 3,6,9 seasons.

In a no-injury league, you can plan more firmly for the long term, and can afford to further marginalize some of the positions on your depth chart at the moment.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote