View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #17870
molson
General Manager

History will judge those who didn't stand up to Trump. I think there are plenty of people viewed historically as cowards who probably justified their inaction at the time through that kind of belief - I can't change everything on my own, so, why bother and rock the boat?

On the other hand, prosecutors who prosecute unpopular or risky cases are admirable. None changed the world on their own, but, pursuit of justice is always worth it. What's important ethically is that they believe they have evidence to support a conviction, not whether there are political roadblocks, or risks to one's own career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Prosecutors don't prosecute cases they can't win as a matter of course. It's commonly said that if the feds charge you, they know they have a winning case. If you lose because you planned terribly or didn't get all the info you could, you don't have any second shot. Impeachment is similar. You get one shot - it behooves you to make sure you don't waste it.

That's true, but I'm referring to the consensus assumption that there will be no impeachment because they don't want to make Trump's supporters mad. If they're thoroughly building a case, great.

Last edited by molson : 07-18-2019 at 03:04 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote