View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #17895
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Even if the public perception does not support starting the endeavor?
yes

Quote:
Would you start the process, and keep your duty, knowing that it's going to result in failure, and keep the man in the powerful office for another 4 years?
yes

Quote:
If sticking to your guns and your duty helps you sleep at night; I hope you're happy playing the political underdog for it.
yes

This principle is something I've thought about a lot in various life circumstances. For example, we have some good friends who sensed a calling to go be missionaries to refugees in Germany. Many of them are Muslims. Some of them are terrorists. It's fully conceivable that they and their small children could end up dead as a result of doing the right thing. But "I could end up dead" should have nothing to do with the decision as to whether they should have gone. Similarly, "it might cause Trump to win" should have nothing to do with this decision.

(And yes, JPhillips is correct in that you also send a message that the offenses are acceptable.)

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 07-18-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote