View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #205
ibnsgirl
H.S. Freshman Team

Best of luck to you and the family, Dennis!

Well, to update, Tony and 6 month old Lucy survived my absence for 24ish hours (surgery). I know it was hard on Tony as Lucy wanted to be held constantly. Overall, though, she was a little trooper, even if she didn't let dad get any sleep.

On the down side, today was probably the closest we've come to the "normal" schedule. On all of our other trips it only took a day, max two, to get back in the swing of things, but this one took over a week. Of course, it can't have helped that on top of recovery from the surgery, I'm also battling a sinus infection. Sneezing when you have a two inch cut in your neck hurts.

On the up side, I don't have cancer! Why my thyroid did what it did will remain a mystery, but cancer does not seem to be the culprit. That also means I get to keep the left side of my thyroid. And Lucy gave Tony some reprieve by not screaming when the grandparents held her (which was the previous norm and made said gps estatic).

Lucy is doing fine, otherwise. It turns out that she is intolerant of carrots. It was real fun figuring that out, especially since carrots were the first thing we started (after cereal).

I guess that the next big milestone is teething -- woohoo.
Thanks to my supporters: TonyR (SA Griffins FC), sterlingice (Houston Hippopotami), TK (Real Terps FC), the notorious pirate AE (Puke Green Sox FC), Krondor (Krondor Lancers), Dark Affair (Orient Express), and tucker rocky (Jacksonville Kickers).

Last edited by ibnsgirl : 01-24-2006 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Grammar, of course.
ibnsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote