View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 PM   #206
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Matty came down with the chickenpox about a week and a half ago. While he had a bit of fever and was whiny because of it, we've found out that his biggest discomfort probably came from being constipated. He's been having some rough time passing bowel movements, many times going 5 and even 6 days between two "jobs". We talked to his pedatrician about it, not on a specially booked appointment but in the middle of his two year check up, and there's not much we can do it seems. He recommended using glycerine suppositories to help him out when he becomes real fussy because of it. For example, Saturday of last week, he'd sit in the living room, we'd hear him push and grunt and he'd stop and asked to be changed. Thing was, there was only a brownish fart in there. We are taking good care to not giving him constipating food and feeding him with as high fiber content as possible and we don't plan on overusing the suppositories but they did the trick on that day. Popped one in, 30 minutes later a biggish rocket came out

Funny thing is, that was before his doctor's appointment. Since that day, he's been good and has had one bowel movement, even if smallish at times, per day

As for Andrew, our soon to be 9 year old, well, it's quite uneventful right now. Almost scary as I expect to get some sort of letter from his teacher anyday, telling me he's been behaving badly and it'll hit me as a big surprise I did make a deal with him. Some of you may know we're practicing karate together, well I sort of got him to enter the bo competition that is organized by our school in February. He's been doing that competition since 2003 in traditional kata and fighting, but he, and I, only started practicing with the bo last September. What's the deal you may ask? Daddy will enter the competition too, in the 30-39 age section That will be my first competition. I will compete in the traditional kata and the bo classes... Don't know how that'll go. As I said, we started the bo in September, have had 12 hours of practice and I was just getting the hang of our kata when we left for the Holiday break while Andrew was struggling with it a bit. We start again this coming Saturday...

FM