View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #469
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeRulesMAB View Post
Feels like there is some pressure on this year's team, as some wealthy clubs might knock away some of your depth this offseason; this may be your best shot at the CL. Thinking specifically of Chiquinho, but there may be some others with the success you've had.

I agree fully.

At this point, my major concern is going to be young Paul Moses. This guy is destined to be a legend in the game and he's only 20 years old. So far, the only guy who is lurking is Jurgen Klinsmann and Man United...but they are the team that sold him to me! So I doubt he'll go back to United. There are no other teams sniffing around Moses...at least not yet!

I do worry about a big European club coming in eventually with a 30+ million pound offer and having my chairman accept it. That could be grounds for me leaving the club! We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

At this point, only Chiquinho has a minimum release clause (Moses doesn't so only a board intervention will result in his sale) and Chiquinho's release clause is for about 31 million. He's 27 years old and if someone offers that next year, I may just take the money and run.

Chiquinho is awesome but he's starting to get to that age where strikers start to slow down a bit. Still, he plays a vital "target man" role to perfection and compliments Moses very well. I think he's a guy that will still perform into his early 30s so I want to keep him around.

Neil Cairney would be the only other guy I'd worry about.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote