View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #106
mrtourette
High School JV

02/12/19 v Granada (H) 1-1
A record crowd of 13921 (against Granada? In the rain?) turned up to see a tense draw, with Granada slightly more aggrieved at sharing the points than us. Alex Serrano put us ahead after 25 minutes when his intended cross luckily went in, with an own goal from Israel Puerto early in the second half levelling the score. Granda were reduced to ten men in the 79th minute but still pushed and were unlucky not to find a late winner. Left-back Javier Garcia-Noblejas was named MOM.

With my contract up at the end of the season the board approach me about signing a two-year extension with a pay rise to £2900pw (from £2300pw). I use all of my negotiating skills to get that up to £3000pw, while reducing the 35% relegation wage drop they insist upon to 30%. I won't be tolerating any of this shit in two years, it'll be my terms or nothing.

07/12/19 v Ponferradina (A) 4-2 (Spanish Cup 4th round 1st leg)
The cup comes round again and it's time to give some of my stiffs a game. It didn't look like a wise idea when Ponferradina went into an early lead but Gonzalo Melero equalised after 13 minutes and Jarkko Leppanen got his first of the season a few minutes later. Victor Bertomeu then scored two second-half penalties but had been substituted when a third was awarded and Melero's spot-kick was saved. Ponferradina sored a second in injury time to give them a glimmer of hope for the second leg. Bertomeu was named MOM.

14/12/19 v Sevilla (A) 2-1
An incredibly satisfying result as we came from behind against third-place Sevilla, who controlled the majority of the match and went ahead early thanks to a mistake by full-back Gael Perea. Jose Artiles equalised just before the break and a late second-half strike from Johan Lugo proved to be the winner. Lugo was named MOM and Israel Puerto named in the league team-of-the-week.

18/12/14 v Ponferradina (H) 0-0 (Spanish Cup 4th round 2nd leg)
A dull game but credit to Ponferradina who at least attempted to create something going forward to get back into the tie. Our second-stringers managed only three attempts on goal during the whole match and were happy to sit back knowing the tie was all but safe. Javier Garcia-Noblejas was named MOM.

22/12/19 v Real Madrid (A) 0-3
Yawn, far more attemps on goal, considerably more possesion, early goal/s, took foot off pedal, chasing shadows, additional late goal/s no more than they deserved. These Real/Barca matches are getting very predictable.

At the end of the year we sit in 13th place, 11 points better off than at the same point last year:

Last edited by mrtourette : 08-13-2014 at 10:19 AM.
mrtourette is offline   Reply With Quote