View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 12:42 AM   #116
mrtourette
High School JV

Looking at contracts expiring at the end of next season I sign back-up full-back Gael Perea to a 3yr/£4000pw deal and striker Jarkko Leppanen to a 4yr/£9500pw deal

With his contract due to expire in a few days I finally manage to re-sign stubborn back-up goalkeeper Jose Francisco Garcia to a new 2yr/£3500pw contract.

A number of other contracts are not renewed (mainly U19 players) and the following first-team members are allowed to leave:

- attacking midfielder Gonzalo Melero (113 apps/17 goals). Was brilliant for us in his first two seasons, especially our promotion campaign, but in La Liga has struggled to impress and claim a regular starting spot. We also have an abundance of attacking midfielders.

- defender Alberto Prada (113 apps/1 goal), who was a first choice at left-back for three seasons until the most recent campaign, as well as serving as vie-captain. A solid performer but no longer a first-team regular and has a dreadful disciplinary record.

Johan Lugo is named our player of the year again.

I tell the board that we can achieve a mid-table finish this season, and they increase our wage budget to £222k and our transfer budget to £12.5mil in order to help hit that target.

We are given £18.22m for TV rights for the upcoming season.
mrtourette is offline   Reply With Quote