View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #123
mrtourette
High School JV

We sell 3729 season tickets for the new season, about 100 more than last year. Our average attendance last season increased to 9642.

15/08/20 v Oviedo (H) 3-1

We opened the season with a win but made hard work of newly-promoted Oviedo. Alex Serrano put us ahead with a free-kick just before half time and Victor Bertomeu doubled our lead on the hour mark. Oviedo pulled one back shortly after but we finally managed to kill the game off in injury when Bertomeu grabbed his second in injury time, as was named MOM. Bertomeu and Serrano were named in the league team-of-the-week.

21/08/20 v Celta Vigo (A) 1-4
We were comfortably beaten after a catastrophic start that saw Celta 3-0 up after just 14 minutes. They took the lead in the opening minutes through a penalty conceded by Diego Llorente and quickly followed that with two more goals, and went 4-0 on the half hour mark thanks to another penalty, this time conceded by Javier Garcia-Noblejas. Jose Artiles pulled on eback just before the break and the second half was a non-event in comparison to the first.

29/08/20 v Cordoba (H) 1-2
A frustrating result as we dominated Cordoba but were unable to turn that into goals. Cordoba were two-up at the break but were reduced to ten men just after the break, and when Jose Artliles scored a few minutes later it looked the tide was turning. However we couldn't make our pressure tell and were down to ten men ourselves late on when Alex Barrera received a second yellow card, ending our hopes of a comeback.

Experienced winger Sergio Garcia isn't part of my plans so I let him go on loan to Segunda B side Xerez for the season. I also send a couple of youngsters to Segunda B for the season to gain experience, centre-back Jose Joaquin Moreno to UD Logrones and midfielder Jose Angel Palomares to Llagostera.
mrtourette is offline   Reply With Quote