View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Openings In Leagues I Commish (CCFL/GML/IHOF)

http://ccfl.fof-belco.com/availableteams.php

Rather than having to maintain multiple threads, I thought I'd consolidate into one, especially since my leagues share several characteristics. In all of the leagues, you can expect:
  • Solid web-based presentation of stats, including many reports that aren't done in-game. Some are just kinda goofy immersion things, such as staff members who used to be players, while other provide actionable information that isn't presented in the game, such as comparative salaries at positions and players who have committed the most penalties.
  • A staff draft tool that has gotten very good response in that it gives you *much* more control over what staff members you get.
  • Relatively quick pace. We move through the stages that are boring and/or unimportant quickly. CCFL/GML/IHOF get through a game year in 6 weeks real-time. (Most leagues take 3 months or more.)
  • Extremely savvy competition, especially in the CCFL and IHOF. Good luck in out-drafting MalcPow, or putting together better chemistry than QuikSand. (The GML, because it has AI playbooks and game plans, its very newbie-friendly.)
  • **BRAND-NEW FEATURE**--When there are teams on AI control, the big issue has always been that Conscriptor's drafting AI is horrible. I've developed a process for beefing up the AI drafting significantly. We used it in FOOL last week, and it performed quite well.
More details of the differences in each league....

CCFL--The Cap Crunch Football league applies a tool to make the salary cap harder to manage, thus causing more wide-open free agency than standard FOF. The CCFL ran for over 50 seasons in FOF2K7 and FOF7. We decided to restart with a new allocation draft for FOF8, with the great majority of the FOF7 owners sticking around. I am in 7 leagues, and it has unquestionably been the most competitive.

GML--The General Manager League is a FAST-paced league that's designed to focus more on the long-term GM aspects of FOF. Offseasons are normal lengths, but the regular season is one in just one 16-game sim with injuries off. An entire season takes just two weeks real-time with this schedule. If you're more interested in moving your franchise from era to the next than the week-to-week stuff, this is the league for you.

IHOF--The International House Of Football is the oldest FOF MP league around, formed moments after the announcement of FOF2K4 back in October of 2003. In the nearly 13 real-time years since then, the IHOF has completed 59 seasons as of this writing, and in all of that time there are still several original owners still around. Unlike the other two, which use NFL city and team names, the IHOF uses fictional team names and logos.

TO SIGN UP FOR A TEAM OR WAITING LIST IN ANY OF THESE
1. Click on the name of the league in the area at the top of this post that lists the openings. That link will take you to the wait list/claim a new team page for that league.
2. Register an account at the forum in question.
3. Post in the thread you went to in step 1.

No need to PM me here or at the forums. Just post in the appropriate thread(s), and that'll do fine.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 03-22-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote