View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 03:21 PM   #1
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Go You Saints (FM 15)

Hi, everyone.

Seeing some Football Manager threads returning to the top of the page has inspired me to return to the forum myself. I can never stay away from FM for long; even when real life gets busy--and it has been lately, for all good reasons--I find myself thinking about ideas for my next FM career.

I'm going back to my FM roots, so to speak. I first became intrigued by Football Manager when I read several stories about very small English clubs on the FOFC forum several years ago. So I think it's fitting that I'm embarking on a journey with a similar club.

Once again, I'll be playing Football Manager 15. All my players are fictional. When you see how far down the English league structure I'm starting, you'll realize you wouldn't have heard of anyone in my team anyway.

St. Andrews FC are located in Aylestone, a suburb of Leicester. As the 2014/15 season begin, the Saints are playing in the East Midlands Counties League Premier Division (level 10 in the English pyramid). They play at the Canal Street grounds. I can't find a picture of this facility, so picture a football pitch with a few stands, like you might find in a park. That's what I'm envisioning.

The Saints are an amateur club, and as the season begins, I don't have a single player on the squad list. Obviously, putting together a team will be my first priority.

We're predicted to finish 19th in the 20-team Premier Division, so my expectations couldn't be much lower. It will be fun to see what kind of team I can assemble. Will we be able to beat the odds and survive relegation? Will we shock the East Midlands and do better than that?

We'll see, and I hope you'll follow along for the ride.

Merry Christmas from St. Andrews FC.

Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote