View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Saturday, 15 November 2014

St Andrews v. Bedfont Town
Combined Senior Cup, Third Round

The Peacocks are a good side, third in the Combined Counties League First Division. Before the match, I had to decide how much to rotate my squad. I'd like us to win a cup or two, but we're also top of the league.

I decided to run out a strong side today and see how much we have left for Kimberley Miners Welfare on Wednesday.

4-4-2: Ward; Foley, Calvert, Blackburn, Ricketts; Smith, Collis, Coates, Cumming; Thompson, Hackett.

The outcome was never in doubt tonight. Bedfont Town didn't manage a shot on target. Roger Blackburn opened the scoring for us with a nifty left-footed volley from a Callum Smith corner. Two minutes later, we broke on a counter, and Smith pulled it back from the byline for Tony Thompson to smash in. Alfie Hackett gave us a 3-0 lead at halftime, and we prepared to see out the game.

Peacocks captain Peter Jones drew a second yellow card on 62', and three minutes later, Hackett got his brace. The 4-0 scoreline was, honestly, a fair representation of the match.

And, we got good news after the match, too. Ian Cumming had to come off with an injury in the first minutes of the match, but he won't miss any more time.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote