View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #331
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are up 9-5 at the 15 minute mark. Hannan has 7 of our points on a 3 and 2 midrange jump shots. Carbaugh has all of their points.

Tied at 11 at the 10 minute mark. Collins and Hannan need a break. Snow and Bowers will come in for them.

I accidently put Graves in with 2:30 to go in the half.. he makes a basket on fastbreak and has a rebound in the limited PT so I might use him a bit more in the 2nd half.

We are up 29-27 at the half.

Hannan is the player of the half. He has 13 points, 1 board, 1 steal, and 1 turnover. He is shooting 5 of 13, 2 of 4, and 1 of 2.

A 14-0 run from the 12 minute to 8 minute mark gives them a 52-43 lead before Snow hits a 2 to end it. 52-45 with 7:45 to go.

They pounded it inside to Carbaugh during that run.

Down 56-47 with 6:15 to go, I get Hannan back into the game.

First touch he draws a foul and goes to the line. Unfortunately, he misses the first but hits the second.

They hit 2 3's to stretch the lead further. Hannan misses a 3 as does Bower.

With 3:11 to go, Bowers with a 2 to cut it to 61-52.

After a Bowers block, Everett sets Snow up for a clean shot.. unfortunately his foot was on the line. 61-54.

Everett with a steal and the home crowd is going wild, but he passes to Snow who has shot blocked..

After they hit a quick 2. We come down the other end.. Hannan with a quick 3.. which is blocked! First time someone has blocked one of his shots this year.

Hannan comes off a screen our next possession to get a layup. 63-56. We intentionally foul their center who misses both FT's.

Collins misses a good open 3. They get the rebound and we have to foul. They make them both.

Hannan hits a quick 3. 65-59. 38 seconds left. We foul immediately.

Hannan misses a 3 and it is over. An unexpected and disappointing loss.

They end up winning 72-59.

Carbaugh their star center was the player of the game. He had 24 points, 15 boards, 3 assists, and 3 blocks. He shot 7 of 17, 1 of 1, and 9 of 10.

Bernard, their star SF, wasn't slowed down by Hannan. He had 24 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and a block. Bernard was 9 of 14 and 6 of 8 from the arc.

Hannan led us with 26 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 10 of 25, 3 of 11, and 3 of 7.

Everett had 3 points and 3 assists.

Collins had 2 points and 3 boards as he seemed to struggle in the starting role..

Cornette had 2 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. He was 1 of 6.

Simon had 8 points, 18 boards, and 1 block.

Snow had 14 points off the bench.

Our next game is against a banged up UCSB who has their best 2 players dinged up a bit. They are a guard heavy team with great speed. They will be one of the more athletic teams that we will face all year long and one of the few that can run with us. I'll play that later this week.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote