View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

NASCAR Racing 2003 - A Car Painting Dynasty

A few things have converged into me starting this dynasty.

1. I went to a live race in Richmond last May with some family. I had never watched more than 5 minutes of a NASCAR race before. I was instantly hooked. I've watched probably 80% of the races since.

2. I started getting interested in a NASCAR game/sim. After digging, it became clear that NASCAR Racing 2003 was the far and away leader in quality. However, generally you have to pay a significant markup on ebay or the like for this game (like sometimes over $100 for the game). I eventually gave up last fall trying to get a copy.

3. cmp started backup the FOFC Spring Cup Series. I signed up for Season 2 after slacking Season 1. (Link here - FOFC Sprint Cup Series - Season 2 - Race #2 Buffalo Wild Wings 400 Posted - Front Office Football Central. When choosing a car I found it frustrating that it could be tough to find a sponsor that fit me (or my brother lordscarlet who is also playing) let alone with a number that hasn't already been taken. This was highlighted even more with the Young Gun series.

4. I've off and on done some stuff with logo/helmet/uni design for FOF leagues. Always been a side interest of mine. On that same lines, part of what I've come to like about NASCAR is the dramatic variety in paint designs for cars with really an endless possibility of options.

5. RendeR generously offered up his copy of NASCAR 2003 for a reasonable price to anyone interested, and I took him up on it.

So, I decided to start dabbling with "Painting Cars". I do not yet have my copy of the game, but I've started using Gimp 2 (GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program) an open source drawing program to get things started.

This will be my way of tracking what I'm doing, give some progress, get feedback on cars, and hopefully eventually do cars for other FOFC members in the Sprint Cup/Young Guns leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote