View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #42
wade moore
lolzcat

So, I got to moving on the Krispy Kreme Car.

I had phase one ready to post, but FOFC was down.

Here's where I was at phase one:

I had the thought of the green ribbons to tie into the green border on the box lid. It looked right on the flat image file, but when wrapped on the car I just didn't think it looked quite right.

So, I moved onto phase 2 and eventually phase 3 since I had time. Phase 3 incorporated the cheerwine logo onto the trunk.

Phase 3 Front

Phase 3 Back

So the two main things:

1. The Ribbon on the front cuts off some on the very front fender above the wheel well. Because of how the flat file is built, it's going to be a pita to "fix" that. I may end up just having to leave it rather than wanting to scream trying to fix it.

2. I couldn't remember what number was requested, so I couldn't do the number. I did play around some with what is basically a KK font. I think it's going to look terrible, especially seeing it's #0, so only one number. So I'll have to play around with other fonts. I'm drawn to using the "same" font, but I have to realize that's not usually what they really do in Nascar.

A few things I'm thinking about:

1. Depending on how the number looks, I may take the dots off of the roof. Not sure if I'd then make the roof KK Green, KK Red, or White.

2. There's a part of me that thinks the KK logo may be slightly small. The problem is, the dots are proportional. So just making it bigger may not be that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote