View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 05:54 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

I will pile on the first date at your place no way train, that just comes off bad and quite honestly reduces your odds of a favorable response, and makes you come off creepy.

I had superficial relationships with co-workers when I was single, that mostly were like friends with benefits, rather than anything serious, mainly because if you go down the serious path and things go south, work may not be a fun environment for one or both of you.

So my advice would be to be patient, be friends and see if there are sparks. Start with lunch, keep it light, listen and be empathetic, crack some jokes and follow her body language.

I had a very specific "game plan" for lack of better words for this. I would follow the blueprint above, watch for signs (eye contact, those deep smiles, touching me) that let me know there might be interest. I would then throw signs back, but not too obvious, which nearly always resulted in them making the first move. This puts you in a position, where if things don't work out, you are not the jerk, because she pursued you.

Finally, if things do progress, be honest with how you feel and what you want, then enjoy the moments.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote