View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #34
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'm still playing the same dynasty as above. Just won a game on 4 hits, all extra base. I had 2 solo homers, and back to back doubles. Otherwise, Bob Ojeda shut down my "on pace to lose 90" Dodgers.

Of course, the owner is pissed. He thinks we should be winning it all, but dude, it's 1985, and behind my stud ace's Valenzuela and Pena we are throwing 42 year old Tommy John, a pre-1988 Dave Stewart (think Phillies and Rangers, don't remember? That's why) and 36 year old Jerry Reuss. All three of those guys should be in the pen. Get me some real pitching!

And stop trading for first basemen! I have Steve Garvey, Bill Buckner, and Jason Thompson. Buckner is having a terrible year, Garvey has been on the reserve roster, and Thompson won the starting job because he has some occasional pop and walks consistently. Both Garvey and Buckner are pissed and have asked for trades. I've had to start Garvey at third for almost 30 games due to injuries. It's a no win situation.

The owner was pleased 2 years ago cause his big free agency acquisition was Thad Bosley. Yeah, Thad Bosley. Now, he has been pretty good for us but we have had to resort to trotting out 36 year old Dusty Baker to hit cleanup cause he is the only guy who has been hitting for any power all year.

I think we drafted catchers high up the last couple years. There are 6 on the limited roster right now. FUCK! Really? No prospects, unless you like John Mizerock, Jeff Reed, and Dave Sax.

I can't win like this! I'm just hoping to get through this year and that the team will be smarter in the draft and with the off season stuff.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote