View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #452
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Jon, it's hard to have a discussion when you're advocating this kind of position. Yes, drug addiction is a burden on society. But people do stupid things, and those who do stupid things and don't cause others harm shouldn't have to pay for it with their lives.

Their lack of regard for law harms all of society. Our failure to accept this reality -- largely in part due to an overall lack of willingness to condemn unacceptable behavior -- has been an enormous part of our societal downfall. And no, before anyone asks, I have zero problem extending this to drunk drivers & such either. The oft-maligned "war on drugs" failed because it was fought with lightweight half-measures, a tactic destined to failure.

Quote:
Also, if we legalize and tax the crap out of marijuana, it might solve some budget problems.

Not worth the price afaic, surrender is never an option when you've never actually bothered to fight.