View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #296
Buccaneer
Head Coach

There is so much new and improved, I am awed. Great job Brian!

I just quickly ran through the season with my usual routine (in about 30 minutes). I wrote down some notes, knowing that they probably repeat what others have said and that these are fairly superficial (mainly user operations and the interface). But for the record:

1. On the New Game screen, fix the tab settings for the 4th tourney and its name

2. I tried the Open Folder thing (to see if I could load in my current career) but I didn't understand what it wanted.

3. I love the Hot Seat but in some of the off-season tasks, I wished it popped me to another screen (like the email screen) after simming month.

4. On Schedule Proposal, I really wish there was some way to select many and reject all proposals. But being able to arrow down works as well.

5. I know it's a matter of getting used to the new interface, particularly the content frame on the left, but I did miss the group headers from FBCB1. I know that once the season starts rolling, you used all of the slots, so it's cool not to take up any more room with groupings.

6. When it hit November, I really expected to see how I did recruiting, not realizing that recruiting still continues. It got me thinking that if I'm in Hot Seat, I would love to see the player status box become an email box or something dynamic like that. This also goes along with one of my later comments.

7. Training Schedule: one of the key things I use when setting the training number is being able to sort by Year, as well as by Position (i.e., the amount given to attributes like conditioning is predicated upon Year for me).

8. I had look hard to figure out the bars, knowing that it is cur/fut, but it wasn't obvious. The bar scale seems to be off. In some cases, I couldn't determine what the number means. Perhaps have 6/8?

9. Also, I don't like the darker gray future bar against a black background.

10. This is another thing we'll get used to but I wish there the player color tab key on each screen.

11. Here's my main comment: I like how you can sim games in the Hot Seat, as well as in the League Schedule. But I wish there was some way to combine the information. For example, if I am simming (day or to a date), I wish it automatically pop to the League Schedule screen (so I can watch the simmed games as they happen). But what I really need is to see the Player Note. I am a fast simmer but I pay attention to everything. When I was simming a two weeks block, I didn't really know what was happening results-wise. When I did the same thing on the League Schedule screen, I knew the results but I lost contact with my team (e.g., email notifications or more importantly, player notes).

12. Love the status bar on both season screens. Is there a way to add Conference place?

13. Bubble Watch: sort by in/out?

14. Where do I find the Team List screen?

15. I was sitting in Hot Seat simming into March but I got no notification that it was conference tournament time. It didn't show up on the calendar or as a to-do notification (I ended up blowing right through it without realizing it).

16. Did I miss the Selection Show? This was one of our very favorite feature of FBCB.

17. Save As is very critical to have.

I know these deal with interface issues but I just focused on user operations and pacing with the actions. There is so much I love (like being about to print out anything, the more-graphical brackets, recruiting, the expanded Team Snapshot and so much more).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote