View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #434
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
thatīs great to here, i was obviously judging by the first version. Although even that did a nice job at this, especially in comparison with TCB/DDSCB.
Loved that the average 4 star player obviously was better than the average 3 star player, but that a ton of 3 star players could have easily been 4 stars and vice-versa. And they had definite strengths and weaknesses.

While with TCB/DDSCB i never got the feeling of variety here. Either a guy was good at everything, average at everything or bad at everything ...

You sure didnīt find well rounded players, but you sure as hell could find great kids doing a couple things really well. Sure they came with flaws (like a 18/5 low post scorer or a 6/12 with 3 blocks guy, or a 20+ PPG scorer that turns the ball over a ton or a great Passer at PG that canīt shoot or defend) but it still gave you a shot at building a nice team.

My comment came more looking at 60-100 Prestige schools as i havenīt played as a low prestige team in over a year, continued my existing save game and didnīt have the urge to start new (which iīll do with the new one though).

So what is it that really changed here ? More well rounded players ? Less critical flaws (the 25 PPG scorer with 5/100 for handles is kind of the worst case for me) ?

More potential ability ?

Or are they simply rated "wrong" ? (higher boom/bust factor)

Iīm curious

Great questions.

IMHO I think there is more talent coming from the 1-2 star range, but like you have mentioned there are some flaws with them. Youll find that some are overall are just better but again you can always find flaws.

It took me a while to adjust to the new system as in the old version I just went after all 3 star guys and built from there. With FBCB2 I failed at that right from the get go, and my repeated attempts also continued to fail. It wasnt until that I started to go after the 2 star guys that I had success building up small programs.

Its tough to really answer all your questions with a straight answer because alot of it has to do with the strategy you employ. Do yo spend money on your scouting coach, or bump your head coaches ratings up in the scouting department or do you skimp on your coaches for recruiting money. Obviously the scouting ratings play a factor here on how you see the recruits (5 stars all the way down to the 1 stars).

When playing at a higher prestige school (unless you strike out big time on alll of your other targets) you really shouldnt have a need to dip down into the 1 star recruiting scene, but there will be 2 star kids that could play key roles as back ups when they get older. I wouldnt recommend recruiting all 2 star kids on a big time program, but 2-3 sprinked in here and there isnt the end of the world like it used to be in FBCB, if the guy first into your system.

Last edited by muns : 03-30-2010 at 09:37 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote