View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #201
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Booked my tickets to England today. I end up getting into London at 7:30 in the morning, but that's a small price to pay to completely avoid going through the Atlanta airport on either trip. The place is the hellhole and of the three times I've been delayed coming back from England, it's been going through Atlanta.

As strange as it may sound, I'm so glad to be going over via Detroit.

So, I've got a ton of praise earlier in the thread for Atlanta so I don't want to take a huge crap on that, but, well the airport still sucks.

They need at least one more damn runway and 2 more terminals to make it even close to having enough space. I always make the comparison to O'Hare, which is slightly less busy than it is but when there's no weather (which can be a huge problem), it runs like clockwork. Atlanta has 2 less runways than O'Hare and feels like it has 2/3rds the terminal space but still has more traffic. So you're always waiting in line for a gate when you land, which backs planes up coming into Atlanta and you're always in a line 5~15 deep trying to take off. It's stupid beyond belief.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote