View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #113
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I have the same problem and am generally late to the party (i.e. took me years to stop paying for a landline, kept my starz subscription until I realized netflix provided it as part of their streaming...) so if somebody could get me out from directv's ridiculous pricing plan I would be forever grateful. I wonder if a way exists already to watch sports as everything else could easily be watched on netflix, over the air antenna, and worst case hulu+.

I guess specifically I am talking about PTI, Fox Sports Midwest for Cardinals and Tigers, and a way to watch ESPN on my TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I just gave up on most sports outside of broadcast NFL games and some broadcast college games. I lost watching most of the NHL, I've never watched that much NBA and MLB, and tough for ESPN hiding all the stuff on ESPN3/360 so it could be tied to needing an ESPN subscription through cable TV.

Although the non-NFL leagues are supposed to have reasonable streaming packages available if you want them. The NFL charges an arm and a leg, does it through DirecTV, and they have restrictions (sigh).

Even sports weren't worth the $80/month it would cost me to keep them.

We are in a dead spot for over the air reception of local tv. I could go with the very basic cable package (still get NFL games and espn 360 is part of the package) and save $80 or so a month. That would leave me plenty to pay for MLB over the net and still come out way ahead.

My problem is even though I'm an ~8 hour drive from Chicago MLB still puts me in the blackout area for my Cubs (at least last time I checked). If I could find a way around that I would seriously look at making the change. I do enjoy my baseball IE Cubs games though and going without isn't something I want to do.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote