View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #358
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
In Indie Bundle II, Botanicula and Splice have intrigued me before the sale, and Universe Sandbox seems to have some potential. Any first-hand experience with any of the games?

Botanicula review and demo

Quote:
There’s no question over whether you should play this. Your $10 will buy you a few hours of utter joy, and flipping heck, why wouldn’t you want that? It’s infectiously lovely, smartly inventive, and plastered happiness all over my face. And even my game-ignoring wife’s face, whom it was a pleasure to watch play. That’s a high compliment.

Splice has a demo on Steam that I played, it was an interesting puzzle game but nothing that really excited me that much.

Universe Sandbox isn't a game but just a sandbox solar system simulator that let's you make changes like adding objects or modifying location, mass, velocity and whatnot and see what would happen. You can load different solar systems or create your own from scratch if you want to do that sort of thing. Probably interesting for people who really love astronomy and astrophysics. If you're not you'll probably think it's kind of cool while you play around with it for 10 to 15 minutes before you exit out never to load it up again.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote