View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #76
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
And of those fired I wonder how many get reinstated. Like the cop who kindly handed Jeffrey Dahmer one of his victims.

Right, so they were fired for sucking and the union and the courts put them back. Any police leadership (like the ones that fired those guys), and the lawyers that represent the state, would completely agree with you that that sucks. Which I think goes against the cops-as-a-collective-evil narrative.

It's also interesting that the lesson to take from that case from a police perspective is that police shouldn't be too cautious. They should extend a Terry stop if they believe have reasonable suspicion to, even if they get closer to that line of an unreasonable seizure. I know people aren't going to believe this, but I think many officers and most young officers are way too cautious when it comes to the 4th Amendment. They're afraid of suppression hearings, they're afraid of defense attorneys and cross-examinations, they're afraid of having their job performance being picked apart, they often leave evidence on the table. The incidents we hear about are such a tiny minority of police interactions.

Last edited by molson : 08-12-2014 at 01:20 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote