View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #257
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I don't do anything that registers on the morality spectrum, bad or good, and is not relevant to the discussion. There are several reasons to deter people from being a police offer, pay is just one of them and the lack of pay does not make up for the others. Just like the others do not make up for the lack of pay. However the authority that comes with the job does balance out all those negatives. My problem is with the type of person that statement applies to, which in my opinion is the majority of police officers. I get it, you disagree with that point, I do not.

Now if you want to tell me 2 cops out of every 10 do it for the right reasons. Fine. Maybe Saldana is one of those. I know I'm giving him every reason to take it personally, but I was not directing statements at him specifically. I don't know him.

Now, like I said. I'm stepping out.

Your job, and what you do to help others, if anything, is very relevant if you're going to throw around blanket accusations about the people in other professions as whole, and whether they do it for "the right reasons". What are the reasons you took your job? Why are they the "right reasons", in a moral sense? Statistically, you certainly believe you're morally superior to saldana (and me). You've now left open this possibility that maybe he's one of the rare good ones, but according to your odds, he's probably not. So for us, our jobs are on the table as far as our moral worth, and actually, your statistical presumption is that we're bad people based on those jobs. So your job (or whatever else you do to help others) shouldn't be off the table in that discussion.

Last edited by molson : 08-14-2014 at 12:37 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote