View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 08:56 AM   #165
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I must admit that my wife and I are at odds.

Currently we have Amazon Prime and Netflix plus basic cable (I mean the most basic).

She's adverse to cutting because my son loves PBS and she hates having to handle on the Roku to play the next show, and she doesn't want him binge watching one particular show (I roll my eyes because she's at home 3 days a week and can make the effort to do this).

Currently with basic cable, a dvr recorder (which I want to remove), phone and internet, I'm paying 140 bucks (down from 198). If I cut cable completely, it becomes 80 and I have to check my security system, but it appears a new upgrade would remove the need for a landline, so 80 could potentially become 70 bucks...

70 bucks, even if you factor in Prime being 100 a year and Netflix at 7.99. It's just so much better.

I don't miss sports, I don't miss the aimless channel surfing...it's actually been nice.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote