View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #29
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
How can he do any of this and be re-elected? Jon represents the average Trump voter and look at what he said above. He's already surrounded himself with Giuliani, Christie, Cruz, and other establishment people. He's all in on his gamble.

To be fair, I'm going to draw at least one key distinction between me and what I figure is about 60% of them: I don't have any more confidence that he accomplishes anything particularly useful than I had that he'd get the knockout with his puncher's chance.

They do.

The majority really do seem to believe -- whether truly or simply whistling past the graveyard -- that this is the awakening of America, that wrongs will be made right again, and so forth.

If that turns out to not be the case, they're going to take it very hard & very poorly and "Fuck Trump" will become a popular bumper sticker in some districts that he won last night.

The disaster that was Gov. Sonny Perdue in Georgia pretty much ruined me for ever actually believing in an elected official doing any good again. Others are less cynical.