View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #46
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
How can he do any of this and be re-elected? Jon represents the average Trump voter and look at what he said above. He's already surrounded himself with Giuliani, Christie, Cruz, and other establishment people. He's all in on his gamble.

I'll just chime in here that I disagree with you.

I think Jon (and I believe he will readily admit this) is on the far right hand side of what the party is and what most of the republican voters are.

I think the average Trump voter in this election hated both candidates, but didn't want the same old politics. People are pissed and they want change any way they can get it at this point. I don't agree that this is the best way to go, but it's very clear what happened.

The average Trump voter did what the average Hillary voter did. They had to decide of they wanted to drink kerosene and light themselves on fire or if they wanted to drink raw sewage and put a gun to their head. The polling may be skewed, but I don't think it's wrong on this one: 80% of the people who voted were dissatisfied with both candidates. That left 1 in 5 who actually smiled and felt pride in the vote. The rest of us felt like we had to take a shower.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote