View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #153
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

A study found that the California State University system had 11,614 full-time faculty in 1973, and 12,019 in 2008. During that same time period, administrators grew from 3,800 to 12,183, ending up with more administrators than faculty. I would guess that things were not really all that lean in 1973 either. It has only gotten worse since 2008. An anonymous college professor -- he calls himself "Professor Doom" -- has been chronicling his own experience working in this environment of bureaucratic horror."

It's also interesting how universities count scholarship money and grants as "expenses". I guess it is in a sense, but, they're just strategically accepting less money for certain students, that doesn't mean that the initial $60k tuition price is an appropriate and required default point to keep the lights on and that anything less than that is an "expense" that has to be recovered elsewhere.

I guess that partially explains of how I paid only $868 a year in tuition to attend San Diego State University. Even with inflation, I don’t think the number is comparable today.

Now about the cost of text books....
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote