View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #63
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Yes, that was great. Thank you.

Keep us updated on how you both are progressing and how you (dis)like it.

On the dislikes, I'll note that I haven't had a major (like big black polygons major) glitch since the one in the first hour or so I saw. Clipping is a definite thing & vehicles are still subject to visual oddities, collision detection & physics have some weird moments. I did, however, hit a glitch after switching being characters. (There's you and an optional follower from your group, you can switch between them, although maybe only once per outing?) I switched up for scavenging / load management purposes & the game got lost on where the centering should be. Both characters were INside the same building but my camera angle was like overhead drone angle ... OUTside. So I was trying to find the door, in the dark, without being able to see either character's p.o.v. I ultimately punted & used their "go back" function & backtracked in time like 2 mins, which luckily did throw me back into a proper p.o.v.

The thing I'm sorta not loving atm is that I am starting to feel like it may be ramping up the numbers of enemies in order to shove me down the main story path a little. It's not X-Com degree of punishment (yet) but it's reached the point of being a serious challenge to get a character out of a situation. I've had one character die so far but I feel like every single outing carries a significant risk of death. That'd be okay if I wasn't getting a nagging feeling that it's a situation being created intentionally (by multiplying the numbers) just to form my path somewhat. Not ready to swear that's the case -- maybe I just suck at the game -- but I'm suspicious of that being so.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-25-2018 at 04:53 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote