View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 07:51 AM   #142
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Haven't touched it in over a week. Neither has the kid. We're both around in-game Day 9 or Day 10 I believe. And we both, I think, have similar reasons that we're in no rush to go back:

-- The repetitive gameplay

-- The lack of sense of progress, each time you kill a heart the next one is a little more difficult. Yippie. It starts to feel like you're on rails with boss battles

-- The lack of explanation / exposition. You really don't know wth is going on, which is fine IF you feel like you're making progress towards figuring it out. Little sense of that for either of us so far

-- The lack of clarity about how the other zones work. You know there's an option to enter one of the other maps ... but there's no clue whether that's worthwhile / meaningful. And I mean none. Would it be starting over on a new map for no purpose? Would it progress the story / provide different challenges? Your guess is as good as ours.

-- The cost/benefit of the difficulty. Granted, I'm not the best shooter in the world but I think it's fair to say this is reasonably difficult (at least in the early game). Problem is, that difficulty doesn't feel like it has enough payoff to warrant suffering through it.

I believe we'll both eventually either recharge enough or simply get bored enough to dive back in at some point. But in terms of feeling any urgency to do so, there's none here.

Some DLC news below.

I'm itching to get this even with your commentaries. It may not be as repayable as other games but it'll hopefully give me 30 hours of fun for the $30.
Quote:
Microsoft revealed today that, after surpassing three million players, Undead Labs has released the Independence Pack DLC, which costs $4.99 includes new weapons, vehicles, supplies, and fireworks.
:
In addition to the Independence Pack, Undead Labs is also deploying Update 2.0, which adds 20 new missions, close to 10 new weapons, and a rare books trader. The update content is available separately from the Independence Pack for free to all players.

Looking ahead, Microsoft also announced that another DLC pack called Daybreak will arrive in September. Daybreak includes puts players in the shoes of a "well-equipped" Red Talon soldier in a new horde-like mode that challenges players to complete the objective of protecting a fortified position against waves of zombies.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-30-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote