View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 11:17 AM   #261
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
At least now there are achievements that can more satisfy these people.
Heck I remember being excited to play Warcraft 2 onlnie and ran into nothing but asshole kids that did that exact thing...saw how quickly they could kill me through exploits of the game. No long sprawling epic battle...just make as many orcs even peons as possible and rush me. every time. what's the point. oh yeah rankings and ladders. things like that kill the magic of gaming

I ran into this same issue with Warcraft 2. We used to play Warcraft 2 versus other people a fair bit back in college, especially the summer after I graduated when I didn't have a job for a few months. We'd go to the computing center, install Warcraft 2 on machines (somehow, I forget how it all worked) and play against other people in the computing center.

For a while there, me and my friends were pretty decent. We wouldn't win always, but won a lot and it was competitive.

Fast forward a year or so later, and me and my buddy decided to go to a computer center one day to give it another try. We ended up playing against some guys who absolutely destroyed us using "only sappers". After that, we just accepted that the game had passed us by and it was time to move on.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote