View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #216
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm much more Dem than I used to be because the alternative has gotten much, much worse. And I actually think the crop of 2020 Dem candidates is much more impressive than say, the group in 2004. They're all further to the left than me on many issues, but, that has little impact on what America will actually look like if any of them are elected.

My perfect candidate doesn't exist, I'm way too far left and right on different issues, but, the Dems will give us a smart progressive grown-up. I'll always be a conservative at heart and definitely understand how the Dem rhetoric rubs people the wrong way, but, I can't have anything to do with this Republican party. And there's no third-party nominee more qualified than the Dem nominee will be.

I'm kind of surprised there's not more of me. Regular, moderate, conservative on some things people disgusted by Trump and the Republicans. I will only vote for a Republican going forward in a state election where the Republican candidate is the truly the most qualified (which happens a lot in red states). I think our AG and Governor do a great job.

You're not alone in this. Pretty much describes me as well. I too have wondered why there aren't more of us. Are we just not speaking out? It feels like the fiscal (as opposed to social) moderate conservative has disappeared, whoch other GOP members have either fallen into a Trumpist subset or the old ultra conservative Christian side.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.