View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #428
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
His ability to tie everything back in to UBI is impressive and hilarious at times, but I agree with some of his points. Climate change? We're already too late, let's focus on helping people move to higher ground.... by giving them $1,000 a month! Prison reform? We need to do a better job helping people who have served their time integrate into society when they struggle to get hired just out of jail... by giving them $1,000 a month! Gender pay inequity? More female entrepreneurship can balance that out, and how can we encourage that? By giving everyone $1,000 a month!

Seriously though, his soundbite on climate change was awesome. And he made the salient point that immigration gets scapegoated, but it's really automation that's taking away many blue-collar jobs.

I like Yang & his policies. I recently read an article that suggested he was "the most dangerous Democratic candidate!"

https://earther.gizmodo.com/andrew-y...m_campaign=top

That seems ummm excessive? That said I am kind of terrified of 'geo-engineering' in principle, but not really in any informed kind of way.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-02-2019 at 05:23 PM.