View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #376
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I think Lathum hit it on the head and unfortunately for some members of the board the answer isn't Trump. We are fucking selfish and Americans are more entitled than anyone. We spend half this thread bitching about Trump but then go on and discuss about how we are young and can get great travel deals. Outside of this thread what is our biggest fear about Trump? We don't want him to be an authoritarian dictator. Where would quarantines work the most effectively? Authoritarian places like China.

One side will blame it on the "red state" people who say I can do what I want I am an American. The other side will blame it on the "blue state" lawyers who say I can do what I want I am an American and you want to restrict my travel I will sue.

Trump is a convenient punching bag but he isn't forcing us to attend sporting events, attend political rallies, go out to eat in crowded restaurants, or to find cheap travel deals. Sure sucks though to think that it might be us that are the problem and not the central government not being Authoritarian enough.

Last edited by panerd : 03-08-2020 at 10:09 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote