View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 09:14 AM   #114
PilotMan
Head Coach

My 71-yr old mother messaged me yesterday morning. She's single, and alone, and while in overall decent health, she's far too overweight with an eating problem. Has some strong hoarding tendencies. Her knees are shot and she the doctors won't do surgery until she loses weight. I've had the "you need to really get it together or you're going to find yourself with a life you don't want" conversation a couple times. But yesterday was different. She tells me that she's as low as she's ever been and she just cried.

For decades I've been telling her that she needed to start talking with a therapist. But she's fought me the entire time. I think she thought that if she prayed hard enough she'd find the answers that she needed to find. She's still praying, but last year she finally started talking to someone. She's got 70 years to unpack, and it's a slow process. Anyway, her best friend in her condo complex was killed by her boyfriend when he overdosed her on Morphine while he was drunk and she hasn't been the same since. Her other friends are moving away and she's left alone.

And now this. We did a video chat, and for the first time I saw the direction we're heading with all this and became afraid and sad. I don't want to see her like this. There's just about nothing more that I can do short of taking over some things in her life, but I know that would come with it's own set of complications. I'd never really considered the final path for her before, but after yesterday, it feels like we could be at the beginning of a long downward slide.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 04-01-2020 at 09:15 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote