View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 03:54 PM   #141
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am a big advocate for taking a mental health day off whenever possible. My sister in law works in a hospital. Her boss has mandated a regular mental health day for a all staff.

My boss is a real good guy when it comes to a lot of stuff as well, real lucky. We are a really small firm (Boss/Owner, 2 Full Time, 2 PT university Students) offering a one-of-a-kind service, essentially running a huge database service by collating grant money and stipend offers from across the globe and then get license fees from universities and scientific institutions to access for their employees and scientists/doctoral candidates. (just for some Background info)

Anyway, even when my FT colleague was out sick for 3 months recently (with of all things a viral infection) he was adament i not work any overtime and still gave me an extra 5 vacation days for the rest of the year and a permanent raise to make up for the extra intensity of the work.

So that's essentially bonus days i am taking next week, looking forward to a week of changing stuff around the flat, fix up my bike, that sort of stuff
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote